15ml olive oil
1 onion, chopped
5ml garlic, chopped
5ml dried chilli
5ml ginger powder
2.5ml coriander powder
15ml curry powder (or to taste)
1 small sweet potato, sliced
1 small butternut, cubed
125ml red lentils
½ can chopped tomatoes
1 can chickpeas
250ml vegetable stock
fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- Fry onion until soft.
- Add spices and fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add veggies, stock and water and simmer covered for 10 minutes.
- Then add red lentils, cover and simmer for a further 10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, chickpeas and extra water if necessary. Simmer for 5-10 minutes until chickpeas are warmed through.
- Serve on rice with fresh coriander leaves.